If you love Strawberries like I do, you’ll love this coffee. It’s really a fabulous dessert coffee to serve after dinner, or just because you need some coffee and chocolate! This is easy to make, and is sure to please no matter what the occasion. This is one you’ll want to make this Strawberry Chocolate Coffee again and again, so make sure you add it to your recipes and crafty crap!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Coffee
Do you enjoy coffee? Serve coffee to your guests or enjoy a good coffee with dessert? If that’s the case, you’ll definitely want to bookmark this recipe.
Why is coffee served with dessert and what dessert goes well with coffee?
Coffee, like tea, can be a great way to cut the sweetness of dessert by adding a little bitterness. There are quite a few desserts that pair well with coffee, like tiramisu for example, but everyone seems to agree that coffee and chocolate make quite the couple. However, there is always the option of turning your coffee into dessert.
Here’s what you need for this coffee:
- 4 cups of strong coffee
- 2 cups of fresh Strawberries (washed – rinsed and divided – see instructions)
- 1/8 cup of Stevia for baking
- 4 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
- 4 teaspoons of Stevia
- 3 squares of Chocolate Almond Bark – 2 melted and 1 shaved for garnish
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
Here is how to pull it all together:
- Brew 4 cups of strong coffee and set it aside.
- Make some strawberry syrup and chocolate covered strawberries. (Instructions are below)
- When everything is set, pour the coffee into 4 mugs about 3/4 of the way full and add a splash of cream into it.
- Add a Tbsp of cocoa powder and some of the homemade strawberry syrup. Top it with the Stevia sweetened whipped cream, some shaved chocolate and a chocolate covered strawberry!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Dessert Coffee
- 4 Cups Coffee strongly brewed
- 2 Cups Fresh Strawberries rinsed, dried and dipped. (see instructions)
- 1/8 Cup Stevia for Baking
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 4 Tsp Stevia for Baking
- 3 Squares Chocolate Almond Bark 2 for melting, 1 for shaving
- Brew 4 cups of strong coffee, and set aside.
- Wash the Strawberries, remove the green stems, and dry on paper towels.
- Measure out 1 cup of Strawberries, slice them in two, and place them in a saucepan, cover with water, add the 1/8 cup of Stevia for baking, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to medium, and let mixture thicken. When the berries start to burst, mash with a hand held blender, until a thick syrup forms.
- Melt the Chocolate Almond Bark in the microwave on 10 second intervals, until smooth. Dip the whole Strawberries in the Chocolate, and place on parchment paper to cool, and the chocolate to set.
- Take another square of the chocolate, and shave the square with a vegetable peeler to form shavings for garnish.
- When chocolate has set on the berries, pour the coffee into 4 mugs, filling them 3/4 of the way full. Add 1 Tablespoon of cocoa powder, and fill with the Strawberry syrup. Add 1 teaspoon of Stevia, and stir well. Top with whipped cream, Strawberries dipped in chocolate, and chocolate shavings.
- Serve at once. Enjoy!